I Care ! do I Really care!

I Care ! do I Really care!

July 30th 2018


Walk alongside the road, beach, railway stations, schools, temples, shops do I care ?

What's it  I am asking? Do I really care?

One look at the things around, people around, one conscious look is enough to change what I can, but do I really care?

A look beyond myself, a look into the society I live in, the people I live with, the words I utter, the money I spend, the food I waste, the time I indulge in, where am I going?  I have asked myself these questions, many times.  Many a times  positive stimulation to be of some use to a worthy cause ,  many a times helplessness leads to frustration. Oh no ! no frustration.

 A feeling of shame creeps in. Sudden spurts of thinking about all these often leads to sadness that life is slipping by!!!!

 Robert Frost line rings into the ears, 'Miles to go before I sleep'  then comes the urge to do something, help someone, to find ways and means to make a difference to the world I live in.

I think of asking for a magic wand from The Almighty, to just drive away poverty , illiteracy, violence and crime. Looks foolish.. isn't it.

So what did I do !  I gave a look, a conscious look around me!
 Found a mission ! to help an organisation which has manifested  my long cherished dream. Yes, it is the dream come true project ! The team , Arun and Poornima duo run this trust 'The Forest Way' in which their education project , 'Marutham ' the Farm school is the dream !which I had conceived and planned and incubated , at one stage I thought the dream would die with me.  Jaggu, my brother and I visualised a school like this all our Mumbai times in late 90s and early 2000s.

One has to see it to believe it. Out of nowhere in Thiruvannamalai , you  can see the wonders the school has done. Children of different caste, creed and class study here together and bond in growing crops and vegetables. healthy noon meals, women who cook are happy and smiling! informal education, basics of agriculture, gymnastics, handicrafts and more !

I chose my mission is to raise fund for The Forest way. I have not kept a tab on how much I made for the trust, but I am sure I won many hearts in the process.
After all that is my mission is to win more hearts in this bubble of life!!!!

I know that you are now curious to see and know about The Forest Way and Marutham School.

Here we go.

Please Visit
www.marudamfarmschool.org
 http://www.theforestway.org/

Cheers
Jayy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

இந்த சந்திப்பு.........

அங்கும் இங்கும் -கல்யாணமே வைபோகமே!

 அம்மா---உன்னை காணாமல்